Introducing the new Damper 650b 2016, the “Italian Enduro 2015 Championship” bike champion at its first public appearance, excellently ridden by our pilot Alex Lupato!
The Damper 650b is our best seller, an All-mountain aggressive frame, with a hyper-functional rear suspension, very stable during pedaling and flawless while going downhill; it’s a really progressive system, independent from braking forces and now even stiffer. If we want to classify the Damper 650b, it falls into that category of so-called “Over-mountain” bike, perfect to ride any kind of trail, both uphill and downhill, being a killer machine also for that days in the bike park with friends and of course for Enduro or Downhill Marathon races. Also a bike for those who could afford just one ride and want to purchase a versatile one that allows to adapt to any styles of riding. The evolution of a so functional and consolidated project was not easy, but the new Damper 650b for 2016 is another step forward to the achievement of a great performance bike , thanks also to the hard developement work done during Fall with the FRM Factory Team and its riders Alex Lupato and Andrea Pirazzoli, that are proudly riding with success our frames since last season.This hard work has led Alex Lupato to win the Italian Enduro 2015 Championship using for the first time the new frame for that race .
WHAT’S NEW IN DAMPER 650B 2016
- new geometry with shorter rear chainstay lenght and lower bottom bracket. Seat angle is now 74.8° while head tube angle is 65.5 °
- completely redesigned rear swingarm with new “sabers stealth” machined only from the inside to enlight them. New tubes shapes and new design of the junction from lower stays to the lower pivot rod.
- new hydro-formed down tube with larger sections: we worked a lot on the BB area to stiffen the frame and make the bike even more reactive in order to benefit all the explosive power of Alex Lupato legs! Despite this the version has slimmed by about 120g.
- The rear shock mounting brackets and the upper rod have been redesigned to ensure more stiffness.
- We have redesigned the bottom bracket with a new quick ISCG removable brackets system. Available in both ISCG05 and ISCG03. These brackets can be replaced with a specific spacer, provided with the frame, in case of mounting 1×11 or 1×10 transmission.
- Straight Seat tube to accommodate the modern telescopic seatpost with Stealth predisposition.
- Boost 148 (from September 2015) or 142 x 12 standard available, with new rear thru axis by MDE (Allen key)
- New graphic and stickers set, designed and produced in “Impact guard” by Forkover Bike Protections (www.forkover.bike) in order to be a graphic and at the same time a frame protection.
- 160mm rear travel, optimized I-link suspension system
- Marzocchi 053 S3C2R or Rock Shox Monarch Plus Debonair rear shock options
- 216x63mm rear shock
- MDE dropout system: 142×12 Maxle, 148×12 Boost, 150×12 through options
- weight :3,00 kg in size M, no shock
- tapered head tube ZS44 (up) EC49 (down)
- compatible with the new Shimano side swing front derailleur
- 73mm bottom bracket
- ISCG 05 or 03 bb replaceable bracket
- possibility to use without ISCG flange with a special spacer
- 7005 Custom hydroformed aluminum tube
- seat tube diameter 30,9 with telescopic stealth predisposition
- 27,5” wheelsize up to 2,5 of section
- handmade in Italy
In the bike industy, carbon fiber is becoming increasingly popular even for so-called gravity use, where in the past it was rarely used. When we started to develop the new Damper, we thoroughly analyzed the possibility to switch using carbon fiber instead of aluminium but after a long research, new drawings and calculations, we ended that benefits that carbon could give us in a project like the Damper, were not so fundamental despite to inevitable increasing costs. An aluminum frame well engineered and developed around this material can still get great performances and gamble on equal terms against much more expensive carbon artifacts. All the tests done and the results obtained in the competitions by our teams have confirmed our choice.
Geometry based on 555mm axle-to-crown (160mm fork)
Shock: Rock Shox Monarch Plus 216x63mm
HOW CHANGED ITS BEHAVIOR IN THIS NEW VERSION
The new Damper has a modern and effective geometry. The shorter swingarm, its general enforced stiffness and a more vertical seat tube, increase performance in pedaling and reactivity out of turns and banks. The front triangle with a longer top tube and the steering angle of 65.5° ensure excellent speed stability: the I-link optimized system will absorb all the bumps while still remaining neutral in pedaling and effective during braking. The new Damper is an aggressive bike and will satisfy both racers looking for absolute performance and enthusiasts looking for a unique All-mountain performance bike.
NEW WEBSITE, PRICES AND HOW TO PURCHASE
During the presentation of the new Damper we have also published our new official website, updated and revised in many features. Now it’s easier to analyze all the frames features and proceed to the choice of options available: thanks to the on-line configurator, you can directly order your new frame or your new bike, deciding whether to receive it at home fully assembled or in kit. In addition to the possibility of buying frames with or without rear shock, we propose 3 different mounting kit. First one is called “Team Replica”, and it is the one used by Alex Lupato and Team Factory FRM, equipped by top level Marzocchi suspensions, FRM components and SRAM X01 trasmission. The second one is an intermediate assembly called “Race”, always with Marzocchi suspension or optional Rock Shox:wheels, handlebars and stem by FRM and SRAM 1×11 X1. The third version called “Comp” mounts SRAM 2×10 GX, Mavic wheels and Truvativ components. All kits including Rock Shox Reverb Stealth. Here below you can find all the specifics and prices. The bike can already be ordered on our website with delivery within 30 days.
|MDE DAMPER TEAM REPLICA||MDE DAMPER RACE||MDE DAMPER COMP|
|Fork||Marzocchi 350 NCR 160mm Black||Marzocchi 350 CR 160mm Black||Marzocchi 350 CR 160mm Black|
|Shox||Marzocchi 053 S3C2R||Rock Shox Monarch Plus Rc3 Hv||Rock Shox Monarch Plus Rc3 Hv|
|Wheels||Frm Titan Enduro 27,5||Frm Titan Enduro 27,5||Mavic CrossRoc XL 27,5|
|Tires||Maxxis High Roller 2 2,40 Exo||Maxxis High Roller 2 2,40 Exo||Mavic Crossroc Quest 27,5×2,40|
|Breaks||Sram Guide RS Black 180-180||Sram Guide R Black 180-180||Sram Guide R Black 180-180|
|Shifter||Sram X01 Trigger||Sram X1 Trigger||Sram Gx Trigger 2×10|
|Rear Der.||Sram XO1 11v||Sram X1 11v||Sram Gx 10v|
|Front Der.||None||None||Shimano XT 2X10|
|Crankset||Frm CU3-WT XD 172.5mm, T30||Sram X1 175mm, T30||Sram Gx 1000 GXP 175mm , 36-22|
|Cassette||Sram X1 10-42T||Sram X1 10-42T||Sram Pg1051 11-36T||Chain||Sram X1||Sram X1||Sram Pc1050||Bottom Braket||Frm||Sram GXP||Sram GXP||Stem||Frm HS-G50 Enduro Ti||Frm HS-G50 Enduro Ti||Truvativ Holzfeller 50mm||Handlebar||Frm Web Bar Enduro Carbon 760mm||Frm Web Bar Enduro Carbon 760mm||Truvativ BooBar DH, 740 mm Black||Headset||MDE HS Tapered||MDE HS Tapered||MDE HS Tapered||SeatPost||Rock Shox Reverb Steath||Rock Shox Reverb Steath||Rock Shox Reverb Steath||Seadle||WTB Volt Pro||WTB Volt Pro||WTB Volt Pro||Grips||Sram Lock-in||Sram Lock-in||Sram Lock-in||Pedals||None||None||None|
|Price||€ 4.499,00||€ 3.699,00||€ 3.299,00|